Sophos latest update to its consumer product includes ransomware protection, bringing business-level security features to consumers.
The Sophos Home Premium is designed to go beyond traditional antivirus features to protect customers from the latest malicious software and hacking attempts, and includes privacy protection features. It is available for both PCs and Macs, and enables the management of up to ten other computers from one central dashboard.
After the emergence of a global black market last that has enabled even unsophisticated criminals to hold data for ransom and sell private details for identity theft and more, it is now critical for home users to protect their digital lives and assets, said Chet Wisniewski, principal research scientist at Sophos. “Consumers demand the same quality of protection the world’s most discerning organisations require. The research we do in SophosLabs gives us the unique ability to provide them state-of-the-art protection against ransomware, malicious websites, and online threats.”
Key features in Sophos Home Premium include:
– Ransomware protection to stop ransomware from encrypting customers’ files and drives
– Real-time behavioural protection designed to protect against new and developing malware, potentially unwanted apps (PUAs), and program exploits to prevent infection from the latest threats
– A malicious site web protection feature that leverages the SophosLabs blacklist database to protect against connection to known compromised or dangerous sites
– Real-time antivirus to protect against known viruses, malware, Trojans, worms, bots, potentially unwanted apps (PUAs), ransomware, and more
– Privacy protection that monitors access to your webcam, and blocks any attempts to record your keystrokes.
– Parental web filtering that allows parents control the content their children can view online
– Remote management that secures multiple devices in any location from a simple web interface
– The latest in web protection that blocks phishing sites and bad or compromised websites for safe browsing and shopping
– Online banking protection features to protect banking and credit card information from being intercepted by third-parties and keylogger software
– Malware removal feature that removes previous malware infections