Founded in 1916, Auto-Owners Insurance provides insurance to almost 3 million policy members. Headquartered in Lansing, Michigan, Auto-Owners is the 12th largest home insurance company in the nation.
Auto-Owners homeowners insurance includes the types of coverage you would find in a typical homeowners policy:
- Dwelling coverage pays to repair or replace your home and attached structures (like a deck) due to problems covered by your policy (such as a fire).
- Other structures coverage pays to repair or replace detached structures on your property, such as a fence, shed or a garage.
- Personal property coverage pays to repair or replace your personal belongings if they are stolen or damaged by a problem covered by your policy, such as water damage from a burst pipe.
- Liability insurance pays for injuries and property damage to others. For example, if you accidentally hit a golf ball through your neighbor’s picture window.
- Additional living expenses coverage pays for expenses like restaurant meals, pet boarding and hotel bills if you cannot live in your home because of a problem covered by your policy.
You can customize your home insurance with optional types of coverage, such as:
- Guaranteed home replacement cost if the cost of replacing your home exceeds your policy limits, this coverage pays the full cost to rebuild your house.
- Specialized personal property coverage offers more coverage for personal items, such as misplaced or lost items, and defaced or stained items.
- Homeowners plus is a package of coverage types that pay for problems like appliance leaks and food spoilage from power outages.
- Identity theft expense coverage pays up to $15,000 for expenses to restore your identity.
- Water backup of sewers or drains pays for damages to your home (such as furniture, walls, floors and electrical systems) if they are damaged due to a water backup.
- Ordinance or law coverage pays to get you up to code if local laws or ordinances require construction, demolition or repair of your property.
- Equipment breakdown covers mechanical and electrical failures of equipment such as heating units, air conditioners, computers and major appliances.
Auto-Owners sells different types of home-related insurance coverage including home, condo, renters, rental dwelling and mobile home.
Need some extra liability protection for your family? You may wish to purchase umbrella insurance from Auto-Owners that will give you liability protection beyond the limits of a home insurance policy.
Source: on 2021-09-17 09:45:10
Read More At Source Site