Posted on August 13, 2020
Scope of the Position:
Under the supervision of the Case Management Supervisor, the Family Advocate provides case management services for assigned case load at Jane Addams Place, an emergency shelter for families experiencing homelessness. Family Advocates conduct assessments, coordinate services, make referrals, and monitor progress on client-driven goals, and serve as a systems liaison and advocate for and on behalf of residents.
This position includes rotating week-long “On-Call” responsibilities once every six to eight weeks.
Functions and Duties:
- Assessing families for the most appropriate resolution to their housing crisis.
- Completing and submitting all eligible family housing referrals in a timely manner.
- Assisting families with housing planning, including, but not limited to: referrals to programs that offer housing counseling services, home buying seminars, credit repair workshops, tenants’ rights information, and predatory lending counseling.
- Ensuring families participate in the moving cost savings program.
- Assist families in making informed decisions by acting as their advocate and lending support where appropriate.
- Respond to family need in creative ways to maintain a culture that ensures family choice and fosters respect.
- Conduct intakes for short-term stay families, providing a light orientation to the program and facility.
- Supports clients through crisis situations involving social, emotional, financial, relational, health, or other problems using de-escalation techniques, safety planning, and solutions-focused planning.
- Maintains working relationships with staff of other agencies and partnerships; acts as liaison between clients and agency/institution; works collaboratively with outside staff serving clients; develops and maintains contact with other agency staff and local service providers to develop specialized services for clients and their families.
- Prepares and maintains written HMIS case records; performs case follow-up and closing, and performs other administrative tasks as required following OHS protocol.
- Performs other duties as necessary.
Established in 1902, Lutheran Settlement House (LSH) is a non-profit, community-based organization committed to serving vulnerable children, adults, and families living in Philadelphia. Over the past century, the programs and services offered by LSH have changed in response to the evolving needs of the community. However, the core mission of Lutheran Settlement House —”to empower individuals, families, and communities to achieve and maintain self-sufficiency through an integrated program of social, educational, and advocacy services”— has remained constant.
Benefits Include: Medical, Dental, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability, 401k, schedule flexibility, 2 weeks PTO, 12 days of paid sick time, 5 personal days to use at your discretion, 14+ org-wide holidays and/or flex days for essential staff and an overall family friendly organizational culture.
Apply for this job
Please send cover letter and resume to [email protected] with the subject line as “Family Advocate Position.” We value diversity! Applicants from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Mention you found this work on Generocity!
Source: on 2020-07-28 17:11:15
Read More At Source Site